You didn't post it to 12/31/1969, but likely entered an invalid date. (easy to do when typing and clicking fast) GnuCash will sometimes default to that date in such a case.

To fix it, simply unpost and repost with the correct date. If you need to change the 'opening date', then after unposting, click the Edit button *on the toolbar* (not within the invoice UI), change the date as needed, then repost with the proper date.