Try the Receivables Aging Report.

You can keep that tab open at all times and just refresh it occasionally.

If you want to see individual invoice and payment info for a customer from there, click the total owed for that customer and a Customer Report will show up. Depending on the detail level you choose, you can see which payments were applied to which invoices, and can drill down to the invoices themselves from there if need be.

Also consider creating a multi-column report with this as one of the displayed reports. See the 'Dashboard' example.

I have one set up with both AR & AP always visible on the same tab. (among other reports)

I personally don't find the Overview very useful in its current state. It is essentially just a list. (you can't even export it or copy & paste it anywhere)