I don't use invoices so this may not be applicable, but for transactions...

If you are inside the transaction, the delete button will just delete the line
you are on.
But if you just click on the transaction without starting to edit it, the
delete button will delete the entire transaction.

So maybe you need to finish entering it, then delete it.

Will