From: john <jra...@ceridwen.us>
Sent: Friday, December 15, 2023 12:24 PM
To: John Haiducek <jhaid...@gmail.com>
Cc: GNU Cash User <gnucash-user@gnucash.org>
Subject: Re: [GNC] USAA OFX Direct Connect stopped working

> On Dec 14, 2023, at 20:43, John Haiducek <jhaid...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Downloading transactions from USAA accounts stopped working for me today.
> In the past I've been able to restore access by following the
> instructions at
> https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/OFX_Direct_Connect_Bank_Settings#USAA
> and getting an accessid from http://usaa.com/accessid or
> https://df3cx-services.1fsapi.com/casm/usaa/enroll. However, now both of
those websites redirect to a page that returns the following in JSON:

> {
> "error": "invalid_request",
> "error_description": "Validation error"
> }
>
> Does anyone know a workaround for this? Is there an updated URL I can use?

I had the same problem yesterday. I worked around it by downloading a CSV of
the transactions from the account and importing that instead.

It's possible that it's just a glitch that will get corrected in a few days.
If not we'll need someone with Quicken and Wireshark to snarf the new secret
handshake.

Regards,
John Ralls