Hello, Sharon:

On 2023-12-23 08:24, sc wrote:
Hello!

Due to purchasing a new computer, I had to install GnuCash again, thus a new version.

Everything seems pretty good with my data, except:

1)  My previous "Saved Report Configurations" have disappeared. Is there a way to retrieve them from my old computer?

2)  I used to have the account names all colored coded on my register views.  Did that function disappear?

Thank you for any help!  I am a home user without a lot of computer expertise.

Some places to look for more help:

1. the GnuCash FAQ on the Wiki, specifically "Q: I just got a new computer. What should I copy over from my old one?" <https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/FAQ#Q:_I_just_got_a_new_computer._What_should_I_copy_over_from_my_old_one.3F>

2. Do you still have the old computer? Have you avoided adding a lot of data to your GnuCash book in the new location? If so, you can perhaps redo the transition. The FAQ suggests, "You need to copy the same files that you'd backup, so see Backup <https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Backup>." "copy the configuration files to the older version location and let GnuCash move them to the new locations."

3. Check out the "Configuration Locations" article to find your report settings. <https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Configuration_Locations>

And of course, if that doesn't work, come on back here and ask your next question.

Best regards,
    —Jim DeLaHunt