On Fri, 29 Dec 2023 00:21:57 -0600
R Losey <rlo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I was just expressing concern that the last few releases seem far more
> bug-ridden than I remember any of the 4.x releases being.

Speaking as a long time gnucash user and an active computer scientist,
I'd like to point out that some of these bugs are in the toolkits and libraries
that gnucash uses. Open source has always suffered from this idea: a toolkit
that seemed awesome a while ago can experience extreme technical debt due to
the rapid movement of the software industry. In some cases, said toolkit can
actually become detrimental to projects that use it.

This is why (unless you are actually a gnucash dev) trying to quantitatively
measure the project's "goodness" is quite likely an exercise in subjective
futility. :)

Just my $0.02 USD.
--
Dave Hayes - Computer and Internet Consultant - LA CA, USA

There are a lot of people who cannot stand waiting.

These are the ones who have two alternatives: either to
stand waiting or to be harmed by it.