I'm trying to create a budget and am having some issues with setting it up.
I have a liability for car loan and expense for interest for that loan.

I pay out of the checking account, say 500.
I split to the Liability loan 200 and expense interest 300.

In a spreadsheet I would budget out 500 for the car payment.  However,
Gnucash is not set up this way (or I have it wrong).

The liability payment is a negative entry in the budget and the expense is
a positive value.
The same in the "budget report" created.

The help docs are not very helpful, nor are internet searches.  Most in the
end, state to use a separate spreadsheet for budgeting.
Which I have been doing for many years, but figured I'd give it another try
as it's been about 9 years.

Dennis