I wasn't "importing" anything, just reconciling the same accounts I've been
doing the same way every month for years. After reopening the file I
noticed "new" entries that I never made and when I tried to delete them it
crashed again. So I rebooted the PC, opened my backup file (external drive)
from 1/4, started reconciling the 1st account (bank checking) and during
that process I had to delete 2 transactions and add 3 and amazingly enough
a "rogue" deposit appeared. So now I'm at a loss as to what to do since the
backup crashed as well!.