That's moving beyond Scheduled Transactions and into a more general case of Templates. I'm pretty sure I've already filed an RFE for that long ago.

I see Scheduled Transactions as a special use case of Templates, though Scheduled was implemented first.

The more general Template case is when you definitely want to re-enter the format of a transaction (which may or may not be complicated) but you don't want to do so on a set periodic basis.

I know we have Duplicate in the interim, but that means you have to go looking for the transaction you want to duplicate first. (and likely have to do a Find for it)