It's part of CSV import. It has been there for a long time but didn't work very
well until Geert rewrote the CSV importer for GnuCash 4.

Use File>Export>Transactions to CSV to create a CSV file then
File>Import>Import Transactions from CSV and click the Multi-Split box under
File Format on the Import Preview page.

Regards,
John Ralls