It is not "That is how this old version Quicken does dates of form 20xx" but
more or so thank Intuit for proprietary touch to QIF file format where they
left good deal of ambiguities. It has behaved like that up to 2017 version
which the latest version I had used. You will have to normalize them in to a
consist format. I had used *NIX's crude sed script on thousands of transactions
in the past to fix them during migration (WSL is fine) ...

I hope the code comes intact ... no error checking and there should be no
special characters or white spaces in the file name....

#!/bin/bash

set -x

iam=$1
cat ${iam} > ${iam}.orig