I am using the latest version:

   *Version: 5.5
   Build ID: 5.5+(2023-12-16)*

When I try to run a report from your software "Reports", the system shuts down and when I restart I get this message:

   *Could not obtain the lock for C:\users\documents\gloss....gnucash.
   2021....gnucash.2023....\gnucash*

   *The database may be in use by another user, in which case you
   should not open the database.*

I do open it up and find the system is running normal, except for the "Report" portion.

Have I done something wrong?  Is there a bug in the new system? I have had nothing but good success prior to this recent version. Should/can I go back to the previous 5.4?  If so, how should I get the program?

I look forward to hearing anything from you - without a report writer, I will have to find another program ...

/David R. Gloss/

(585) 342-4605
BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:4.0