I can’t make heads or tails of scheme code, so I’m not sure where to even look
for the issue here.

I’m using the Advanced Portfolio report and want to include a GnuCash account
for certificates of deposit. The account is set up as an Asset and the
Security/Currency is set to USD.

When I run the Advanced Portfolio report, however, instead of using a price of
$1.00 for USD, it’s picking up the price of another security. I had some cruft
in the price database related to an account that I incorrectly set up in
dollars. Advanced Portfolio was picking up the price from that item until I
cleaned it up and how it’s picking up the last price in the database from
another stock (I deleted the last price entry for that security and the price
shown on the report changed when I refreshed it).

I’ve attached a screen shot of the report and the price entry that GnuCash
shows when I click the value in the Price column.

The CD account isn’t going to significantly affect the report, so I could just
deselect the account when I generate the report, but I like the way Advanced
Portfolio calculates the rate of return and gives me the overall return for all
the CDs that were put into the account (I use one GnuCash account for multiple
CDs). I’m concerned I may have done something to bork up the price or
securities tables, though.

Any thoughts on this? Is there somewhere I should look in the SQLite database
for a problem?