Hi,

Although not specifically a GNC issue, to extend a little on what Alan wrote
with regards to Australian invoice requirements, the type of invoice you
issue (i.e. 'invoice' versus 'tax invoice') depends on your GST status. If
you have registered for GST (your business needs to have an annual GST
turnover of $75,000), then your invoices need to specify 'Tax Invoice', but
if you are not registered, you should really only have 'Invoice' on your
invoices otherwise the recipient will be looking for how much GST you
collected on behalf of the government at the end of your invoice and it
isn't legally correct.

You can read more at the following link on government requirements regarding
invoices:
https://business.gov.au/finance/payments-and-invoicing/how-to-invoice.
Incidentally, the minimum amount for a tax invoice needing to be issued
according to this prior link is $82.50 (including GST), but most businesses
just have the wording on everything when they are registered for GST since
it is in their software as default wording.

And yes as mentioned earlier, it is easy to change the 'Invoice' wording in
the settings without having to do it each time in a PDF editor.
Additionally, since I also reside in Australia and am not registered for
GST, as discussed my invoices only state 'Invoice' to comply with
regulations. But after hitting 'Print Invoice', I also click on 'Options' in
top toolbar, and under 'Display Columns' tab, I untick the boxes next to
'Taxable' and 'Tax Amount' to make absolutely clear that no GST has been
charged to avoid any confusion on the end of the recipient so they know I
haven't just accidentally forgotten to charge GST or something along those
lines.

Kind regards,
Clare

Message: 4