Hello,

I am not sure what version of GnuCash you are using but I might try
uninstalling the version you have and reinstall 5.4, 5.5 has some issues
and maybe that might be the reason. Or maybe there was a bad installation.

Alternatively I would check how you are entering the transactions in case
that is the issue. The way you are showing the transactions looks to me
like the Basic Ledger view and you are in the Opening Balances in the
Transfer column.

Go to View and check if the view selected is Basic Ledger, in which case
the writing of that transaction of 10k would be (play around with the
different views in the View Menu to get an idea of how they look if you are
not familiar with them)

Account                 Date            Description        Transfer
   DR        CR
Opening Balances  07/02/2024   Op Bal
Bank                          10k
Bank                     07/02/2024   Op Bal               Op
Bal            10k

By account I mean each ledger account that would open if you double click
in the Accounts tab

I hope this helps

Regards,

Inma