I am trying to save my Gbucash data to MySQl v8.0.36 on a newly installed MySQL
instance on WIndwos 10. Gnucash is running on a Mac and I also have a MySQL
instance on that machine running v .8.0.22. I have no problem saving the
gnucash data to the local MySQL instance but when I try to save it to the
WIndows instance, I get a non-specific error. My MySQL client can login from
the Mac to the Sinwows instance without problem so I know that I have both
connectivity and the correct userid/passwd.
Can anyone please help me to diagnose why gnucash will not save to the Windows
instance. I also tried creating a user entry for the same userid but specifying
the Mac ip and Standard authentication. This also failed to work.  What am I
missing?