I always reconcile my accounts to the penny and it has always worked well for me in the past except today.  In my credit card account.  I some how ended up with two extra charge transactions in my account that shouldn't have been there.  Both had amounts equal to two other valid charge transactions, and one had the description equal to the description I use to make a payment.

Normally I would just blame myself for erroneously entering two transactions twice, except that one of them had the description equal to the description I use to make a payment.  Very odd.

During reconciliation everything seemed to go normally except for one thing.  When check-marking one of the transactions that was duplicated, there was an uncharacteristically long pause.  Two seconds maybe?

I deleted the two extra transactions and now everything seems to be back to normal.

I think this sounds similar to a discussion here not long ago. Possibly involving editing transactions during the reconciliation process, which I did.  I tried to find the thread in a search but was unsuccessful.

Windows 11
Gnucash Version: 5.6
Build ID: 5.6+(2024-03-30)

By the way.  I love Gnucash and want to thank all those who do the coding and offer support here.

Tom