> On May 13, 2024, at 17:50, David Carlson <david.carlson....@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Now it is my turn to ask a question.
>
> My bank recently had an issue with the description text for a few
> transactions that resulted in the transactions being reposted with
> corrected descriptions.  Now I am trying to import the corrected
> transactions but they do not appear in the OFX importer even though they
> are in the file generated by the bank.
>
> My question is: If I delete the previously imported transactions, can I
> import the corrected transactions?

yes.

> A corollary; is there any way to check, edit or remove the FITID value of a
> transaction that prevents the duplicate import without doing tricks in the
> OFX file before importing?

only if you are willing to risk damaging your datafile editing it outside of
gnucash. The FITID values are stored as a key/value pair like:

        <slot>
          <slot:key>online_id</slot:key>
          <slot:value type="string">20180906246910059666</slot:value>
        </slot>

and finding specific transactions in the raw XML is harder than you might
imagine. The online_id is not available to the user anywhere in the gnucash
interface.

I have never tried editing a gnucash SQL file outside of gnucash.

> --
> David Carlson

Dave Reiser
dbrei...@icloud.com