On 5/14/2024 8:52 PM, nisp1953 wrote:
OS; OpenBSD  7.5 GENERIC.MP#82 amd64
Gnucash Ver.:
GnuCash 5.5
Build ID: 5.5+(2023-12-16)

I have set up a simple business account tree using the wizard. I have
Cash Discounst under expenses like so:

\/ Expenses
      Bank Service Charge       $0.00
      Cash Discounts            $467.82
       Cost of Goods Sold        $67.41

What exactly is allowed in Cash Discounts? I'm not an accountant.

The wizard is only a starting point giving an example of TYPICAL accounts. There is no guarantee tat the set of accounts would =meet the needs of YOUR business. If your business never offered cash discounts, then your business wouldn't have that account in its ledger.

Are you saying that you never encountered cash discounts? You never got an advertisement from a vendor saying "this week only, 10% discount site wide"/

Michael D Novack