Understood.  I can tell you what I do with copy/pasting a paticular
report.  I've never had a problem with double quotes.  In my case, I
copy/paste the "Investment Portfolio" report under "Assets and Liabilities"
to Excel.  When the tab opens with the report, I put the mouse cursor on
the top left of the tab window just in front of where I want the copy to
start.  I then left-click the mouse and hold the button down and drag the
cursor down the page until everything I want to copy is highlighted and
release the left-click.  The page will automatically scroll as long as you
keep the mouse button depressed and directed at the bottom of the tab.  As
long as what want I want to copy stays highlighted, I then right click the
mouse and a small pop-up menu shows "Copy".  Then I left-click the word
copy.  I usually already have a spreadsheet open, I then right-click on an
empty cell on the spreadsheet and on the pop-up menu I pick "Paste Special"
and choose "Text".  If the pop-up menu doesn't have "Paste Special" , look
for "Paste Options" and left-click.  Another window should pop-up and
"Paste Special" should be one of the choices.    The resulting spreadsheet
has everything set up in columns just like the GnuCash report.  If the
number of decimal places in your resulting Excel file isn't right then you
have to go back to the GnuCash Report tab and choose the "Options" button
on the menu bar.  You can change the number of decimal places the report
provides.  One note, when I change the number of decimal places the report
automatically alpahbetically resorts itself.  An oddity but not an issue.

On Sun, May 19, 2024 at 8:35 PM David Long <davidvernonl...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi
> I mean copy paste from a gnucash  report.
> Rgds
> David
>

> On Mon, 20 May 2024, 04:13 Joseph Keithley, <joeyii...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Not sure what you mean by "copy".  In the Windows version of GnuCash 5.5
>> you can export your accounts to a csv file.  You pick the account, the date
>> range, and the separator (usually a comma).  There is also an option to
>> either add double quotes or not.
>>
>> On Sun, May 19, 2024 at 12:41 PM David Long <davidvernonl...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> When I copy data from Gnucash to Excel it arrives on text format along
>>> with
>>> the currency denomination, so I cannot then manipulate it in Excel.
>>> Is there anyway I can export data to Excel in data format?.
>>> Thanks
>>> David

--
iii