I completed reconciliation and then tried to save and close.  I received a message, "An operation is still running, wait for it to complete before quitting."

I've been waiting for quite a while, and nothing seems to be hitting.  If I attempt to save, I get the same message.  Only the list of accounts window is open. How should I proceed?

I am running Version: 4.8, Build ID: 4.8a+(2021-09-28), from, as I recall, Ubuntu repository.  Using Neon Linux, and ubuntu derivative.

Thank you for any suggestions.