Apparently the Price Database window hid itself under, and did not close as I
said below.
    On Sunday, June 16, 2024 at 10:27:04 AM EDT, David G. Pickett
<dgpick...@aol.com> wrote:

  I think I replied yes to these.  The install finally said it installed
successfully, so I restarted GnuCash, went to Price Database and Get Quotes was
available, but when I click it, after a few seconds it disappears and the Price
Database window is also gone.  It's Sunday, so I cannot tell if it worked, and
I have to stop a competing midnight cron update on my Linux that eventually
updates the same GnuCash files via Google Drive.
    On Sunday, June 16, 2024 at 10:06:41 AM EDT, fromvendor
<fromven...@outtacyte.com> wrote:

 I ran into this also.  Additionally there were several prompts that were asked
that I just took the suggested value.  Finally, I had to run it three times to
get it to fully finish the install due to it cancelling from a missing file or
folder.

-g

-----Original Message-----
From: gnucash-user
[mailto:gnucash-user-bounces+fromvendor=outtacyte....@gnucash.org] On Behalf Of
David G. Pickett via gnucash-user
Sent: Sunday, June 16, 2024 8:54 AM
To: Gnucash Users
Subject: [GNC] Discovered install link for Finance Quotes in Win11 app menu,
but many questions in install.

I clicked the "Install Online Price Retrieval for GnuCash" in my new Win11
install, but had manually download install Strawberry perl as Norton blocked
it.  I clicked it again and it went into a long install that now is asking
mysterious questions like USE_UNALIGNED or ZSTD.  Shouldn't it run more
unattended?