Please remember to copy the list on all replies.

Since it’s the same computer you don’t need to do anything, the new GnuCash
will use the same files the old one did. When you finally leap to Apple Silicon
see https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Backup for the files you need to copy to the
new Mac—and in the meantime make sure that you have Time Machine backing all of
them up!

Regards,
John Ralls