On 6/30/24 21:11, John Ralls wrote:

On Jun 30, 2024, at 17:27, Bruce Olson <life0s...@yahoo.com> wrote:

On 6/30/24 15:56, John Ralls wrote:
On Jun 30, 2024, at 1:55 PM, John Ralls <jra...@ceridwen.us> wrote:

I just noticed this after the v5.7 release today.  I also don't see v5.7 available. Previously I was able to roll back to a previous version all the way to v4.12 if needed.

I'm currently on v5.4 but would like to update to v5.7 since the last nightly builds I tested had no issues and looked good. The 5.7 flathub build failed after failing to download the documentation, though the exact same commit pushed to my repo as a test completed successfully last night. I've just started a retry.
My retry failed because of a configuration failure in building perl. I've submitted https://github.com/flathub/flathub/issues/5371. There won't be a 5.7 release flatpak until flathub fixes their buildbot.

Regards,
John Ralls
Thanks John!

I installed v5.7 fromhttps://code.gnucash.org/builds/flatpak(gnucash-stable-C5.7-D5.7.flatpakref).

I have everything I need fromhttps://code.gnucash.org/builds/flatpak.

Followup on Flathub: One of their admins jumped on my issue and got it resolved and the 5.7 package is available now.

Regards,
John Ralls

I ran "flatpak update" in the terminal to update to the latest flathub version v5.7 and I see a message that says GNOME 44 runtime is no longer supported as of March 20, 2024.  I don't see this message when installing from from https://code.gnucash.org/builds/flatpak (gnucash-stable-C5.7-D5.7.flatpakref) which used GNOME 46 runtime.

This is the message I get:
"The GNOME 44 runtime is no longer supported as of March 20, 2024. Please ask your application developer to migrate to a supported platform.
Info: applications using this runtime:
   org.gnucash.GnuCash"

I did not install the flathub version and stayed on v5.7. Build ID: git 5.7+(2024-06-29).

I attached two text files to compare GnuCash from stable build to GnuCash from flathub.

Regards,
Bruce
$ flatpak install gnucash-stable-C5.7-D5.7.flatpakref
Required runtime for org.gnucash.GnuCash/x86_64/stable-C5.7-D5.7
(runtime/org.gnome.Platform/x86_64/46) found in remote flathub
Do you want to install it? [Y/n]: Y

org.gnucash.GnuCash permissions:
    ipc      network      fallback-x11     wayland     x11     dri     file
access [1]     dbus access [2]

    [1] host, xdg-run/gvfsd
    [2] org.gtk.vfs.*

        ID                                               Branch
       Op             Remote                     Download
 1. [✓] org.freedesktop.Platform.GL.default              23.08
       i              flathub                    172.6 MB / 172.2 MB
 2. [✓] org.freedesktop.Platform.GL.default              23.08-extra
       i              flathub                     19.2 MB / 172.2 MB
 3. [✓] org.freedesktop.Platform.openh264                2.4.1
       i              flathub                      1.3 MB / 976.5 kB
 4. [✓] org.gnome.Platform.Locale                        46
       i              flathub                     18.1 kB / 367.7 MB
 5. [✓] org.gnome.Platform                               46
       i              flathub                    282.2 MB / 346.7 MB
 6. [✓] org.gnucash.GnuCash.Locale                       stable-C5.7-D5.7
       i              gnucash-origin               5.2 kB / 8.2 MB
 7. [✓] org.gnucash.GnuCash                              stable-C5.7-D5.7
       i              gnucash-origin              41.3 MB / 122.2 MB

Installation complete.
$

$ flatpak update
Looking for updates…

Info: runtime org.gnome.Platform branch 44 is end-of-life, with reason:
   The GNOME 44 runtime is no longer supported as of March 20, 2024. Please ask
your application developer to migrate to a supported platform.
Info: applications using this runtime:
   org.gnucash.GnuCash

New org.gnucash.GnuCash permissions:
    file access [1]   dbus access [2]

    [1] xdg-run/gvfsd
    [2] org.gtk.vfs.*

        ID                                             Branch
Op            Remote             Download
 1.     org.freedesktop.Platform.GL.default            22.08                  u
            flathub            < 148.2 MB
 2.     org.freedesktop.Platform.GL.default            22.08-extra            u
            flathub            < 148.2 MB
 3.     org.gnome.Platform.Locale                      44                     u
            flathub            < 340.9 MB (partial)
 4.     org.gnome.Platform                             44                     u
            flathub            < 321.4 MB
 5.     org.gnucash.GnuCash.Locale                     stable                 u
            flathub              < 8.2 MB (partial)
 6.     org.gnucash.GnuCash                            stable                 u
            flathub            < 120.8 MB

Proceed with these changes to the system installation? [Y/n]: n