On Mon, Jul 1, 2024 at 11:34 AM John Ralls <jra...@ceridwen.us> wrote:

> > On Jul 1, 2024, at 09:15, rsbrux via gnucash-user <
> gnucash-user@gnucash.org> wrote:
> >
> > Perhaps this is a quirk of KDE Discover or Flatpak or both, but when I
> checked for updates in KDE Discover, it offered me an update to GnuCash
> 5.6.2, even though GnuCash claimed to already be at that version.
> >
> > Out of curiosity, I selected the update and ran it. Now GnuCash
> identifies itself as version 5.7.
> >
> > The flatpak repository in Discover points at dl.flatpak.org.
> >
> > Discover is version 5.24.7 running under Ubuntu Studio 22.04 LTS
>
> You’ll have to take that up with KDE. Flathub correctly reports that the
> current version is 5.7.

I'm seeing the same thing with the GNOME software update tool in Ubuntu. It
shows an update available, but it shows the version of the existing
installation

I find even the CLI flatpak commands confusing on this sort of thing
because, for example, if you issue the remote-info command, you get BOTH
the current info and the remote info. But when you issue the update command
it does not bother to tell you what it's updating TO.

$ flatpak remote-info flathub org.gnucash.GnuCash

GnuCash - Manage your finances, accounts, and investments

        ID: org.gnucash.GnuCash
       Ref: app/org.gnucash.GnuCash/x86_64/stable
      Arch: x86_64
    Branch: stable
   Version: 5.6+ (Flathub 5.6-2)
   License: GPL-2.0+
Collection: org.flathub.Stable
  Download: 120.8 MB
 Installed: 330.3 MB
   Runtime: org.gnome.Platform/x86_64/46
       Sdk: org.gnome.Sdk/x86_64/46

    Commit: 83d9b90d768d85b3f669ef5027c3881b9689ddc0c2f6f738f999300b778755da
    Parent: 18c94f86a12c9823471647a83eacdceee74bc27681e8215136e632d66e65f998
   Subject: Package GnuCash 5.7 (0625c460)
      Date: 2024-07-01 03:43:51 +0000

$ flatpak update
Looking for updates…

New org.gnucash.GnuCash permissions:
    file access [1]

    [1] xdg-run/gvfsd

        ID                                   Branch          Op
 Remote           Download
 1.     org.gnucash.GnuCash.Debug            stable          u
flathub           < 79.5 MB
 2.     org.gnucash.GnuCash.Locale           stable          u
flathub            < 8.2 MB (partial)
 3.     org.gnucash.GnuCash                  stable          u
flathub          < 120.8 MB

Proceed with these changes to the system installation? [Y/n]: n
$ ^C