@Adrien,

Thanks, this seems like the best solution.  It looks funny to leave the unbalanced amounts in all 3 accounts (2 credit card and one parent account), but reconciliation works and generates the correct payment from the bank account.

Thanks again to all who responded!

On 09.07.24 15:29, gnucash-user-requ...@gnucash.org wrote:
------------------------------
Message: 3
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2024 14:14:41 -0500
From: Adrien Monteleone<adrien.montele...@lusfiber.net>
To:gnucash-u...@lists.gnucash.org
Subject: Re: [GNC] Consolidated billing of two credit cards

I'm in the camp that would just use a single split transaction payment
and leave the accounts as-is, if not for the very least, that the bank
still treats them as separate accounts. They can change how they present
the statement on a whim. (as they have clearly already done once)

I always attempt to model the real world in my accounting as closely as
possible.

If it helps with reconciliation, you can put them under a placeholder
parent account, and opt to include sub-accounts during reconciliation.