> On Aug 2, 2024, at 09:00, Bob Alei via gnucash-user
> <gnucash-user@gnucash.org> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>     Noob here.  Trying to initialize my GnuCash.  I imported 7 months worth
> of transactions to my checking account, wanting to initialize starting Jan 1,
> 2024.  I didn't want to take the time during import to specify all the
> transfer accounts so I thought I'd go ahead and import and do that afterward.
>  So now I have a ton of imbalanced transactions.  I'm looking for a way to
> initialize them efficiently, like the way it's done with the match account
> tool in the import where you can select multiple transactions at once and
> assign accounts or notes to all of them at once.  But I can't find any way to
> "batch" assign accounts to transactions.  Going through them one at a time is
> painful.  Is that the only way?

Yes, once the transactions are created they must be edited one at a time. The
other way is to delete the file and start over. This time import a month at a
time and use the match dialog. After 2 or 3 imports there will be enough match
info for the matcher to start matching some of the transactions automatically.

Regards,
John Ralls