Let's separate your questions. First deal with the basics and then the currency issue.

Yes, as assets. If you buy and sell regularly (business) create a parent "Inventory" under assets. If you are a collector and only sometimes acquire or sell, you might call that "music collection" etc. In either case probably a child account for each.

Currency -- since you DO record price at point of purchase and sale in both (using conversion rate at that point of time) you could keep your books in just one currency. Look, THAT choice would better be determined by other things, like do you hold bank accounts in both currencies, etc.

Michael