Op donderdag 5 september 2024 18:41:52 CEST schreef David G. Pickett via
gnucash-user:
>  So a rather architectural question, escalating it into a more major change
> affecting older revisions -- sins of the fathers?  :D  Transitioning would
> take some sort of retention of old logic in case a user's books are in the
> old form.  Well, every tool is imperfect, and once an imperfection is
> created, it can be hard to erase.
>
> My take is that it might be good to have a light reference to books in use
> in the past, but the info like tabs last open should be with the individual
> set off books, and then auto save would save that.

I understand your reasoning and this has been discussed lightly in the past
among the
devs.

It will always be a trade-off though. While gnucash is not a concurrent
multi-user
application (yet :)  ), the data files are shared in some scenarios. Either
with yourself on
different systems or with other users entirely over the network. This is
possible as long as
no two users open the file at the same time.

The tabs you have open on your computer may not be of interest to the tabs the
other
user has open. So that would be an argument to keep the open tabs in a file
local to the
user.

Regards,

Geert