From: gnucash-user
<gnucash-user-bounces+m.muruganandam=hotmail....@gnucash.org> on behalf of
Jacob D <jacob.d...@gmail.com>
Sent: 03 October 2024 09:17
To: gnucash-user@gnucash.org <gnucash-user@gnucash.org>
Subject: [GNC] How to track receipts for a job.

Hello my name is Jacob, I need help figuring out a good process for
recording receipts which are assigned to an invoice.

My situation is this. I do labour work for customers and charge them based
on my time and for the cost of materials. I understand how to create a
Customer and make an Invoice but I dont know how to connect the materials I
paid for out of pocket to the invoices so that when I get paid the balances
cancel out. For example I paid $25 at the hardware store for bolts to be
used at a customer's job. My thinking is I would add a transaction in my
Assets:Cash account debiting $25 and transfer to my Assets:Accounts
Payable, however the tutorial guide does not advise working in the Accounts
Payable account this way.

Can someone please help guide me in the proper steps to take using the
tools in GNUCash?

Thank you very much.

--
Jacob