On Tue, 1 Sep 2026 08:20:48 +1000
Liz <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Mon, 31 Aug 2026 13:13:12 -0400
> Marty Landman <[email protected]> wrote:
> 
> > I have checking accounts on Gnucash, and find the auto-filling of
> > the description field to be a steady issue. For instance if I want
> > to enter
> > 
> >      =>    John's pay
> > 
> > but I had previously entered
> > 
> >      =>    John's pay less $100
> > 
> > then I am finding it difficult to impossible to enter the first line
> > - the one I want because auto-fill is insisting on entering that
> > second line, the one I entered on a prior occasion.
> > 
> > Marty
> >   
> 
> Note  This doesn't solve the problem you brought to the list.
> If you really had entries like that in your books, I would suggest
> 
> John's pay    Standard $
> and a split to deduct the $100 and an explanation for the deduction
> 
> 
> Liz
> _______________________________________________
>
Just to add, if you do that there is no way to tell from the autofill
dropdown to determine which entry is which. 
That I do find is a problem.

Liz
_______________________________________________
gnucash-user mailing list
[email protected]
To update your subscription preferences or to unsubscribe:
https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user
-----
Please remember to CC this list on all your replies.
You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.

Reply via email to