Hi Robert I had the same problem.
After you uninstall the old version you need to delete the Folder where the program was. Then install the new Version. This worked for me when I upgraded from Version 5.8 to 5.16. Regards Michael Michael Maroney 12 Appletree Street Wingham NSW 2429 0423 140 551 [email protected] On Sat, 5 Sept 2026 at 07:32, Robert Jungkind <[email protected]> wrote: > > Recently I noticed that I was running 5.8 and the latest version is 5.16. > Installed 5.16 and got the attached message. > Reinstalled the old version and everything ok. > > To find out where the problem starts, I started to install step by step, > from 5.8 to 5.9, then to 5.10 and so on. > > After installing 5.12 the same happened, the new version did not open and > the same message. > > Is this a known flaw? Where can I find information how to overcome it? > > Thanks > > Robert > > > > > -- > Best regards, > Robert Jungkind_______________________________________________ > gnucash-user mailing list > [email protected] > To update your subscription preferences or to unsubscribe: > https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user > ----- > Please remember to CC this list on all your replies. > You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All. > _______________________________________________ gnucash-user mailing list [email protected] To update your subscription preferences or to unsubscribe: https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user ----- Please remember to CC this list on all your replies. You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.
