I'm using 5.16 between a Win10 installation and a Linux Mint 22.2
installation via Samba (stored on the Windows machine for now) and I
don't see this issue. (or much of any other that I can tell)
There might be a wrinkle between your Intel version and your ARM version
though.
However, my first hunch would be to be absolutely triply sure you are
indeed opening the same exact file. (and also not a backup file) Can you
copy it back and forth by means other than DropBox, perhaps a USB key?
(just the book, don't worry about preferences or other stuff for now.)
Regards,
Adrien
On 9/12/26 3:29 AM, Chris Velevitch wrote:
I've been using GNUCash on 2 computers sharing files via Dropbox without
any issues for some time. I have a 27-inch Intel iMac desktop and a 12-inch
Intel MacBook laptop, and they are both running Catalina.
Due to increased usage of my laptop, I'm finding the screen size
problematic, so I purchased a 15-inch M5 MacBook Air running Tahoe. After
setting up GNUCash and Dropbox and syncing all the Dropbox files, opening a
GNUCash file on my new Macbook Air, the account structure is different and
has only a couple of transactions.
To verify that Dropbox was syncing, on my desktop, I duplicated the file
and let the files sync to my MacBook Air. I opened the new file and It's
still not showing the right accounts and transactions.
Is this a known issue between the 2 machines with different OS versions?
I'm running the latest Catalina on the desktop and the latest Tahoe on the
MacBook Air, and the latest version of GNUCash (v5.16) and GNUCash files
are XML format.
_______________________________________________
gnucash-user mailing list
[email protected]
To update your subscription preferences or to unsubscribe:
https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user
-----
Please remember to CC this list on all your replies.
You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.