Wm,

It's not quite clear what you're looking for (I'll admit I gave up on classes 
when I left Quicken 20+ years ago). Are you looking for what kind of terms 
people are using? Or where they are placing these terms? 

WRT terminology, I imagine that those who use these (Adrien?) have their own 
systems, and you might be best to allow user input for those or provide a Group 
By. 

As for location of these terms, I suspect a lot are using memo (either at the 
transaction or, more likely, the split level) because these can be leveraged in 
transaction reports. However, I've seen others wishing that the Action field 
could be used in such reports, suggesting that if you provided that 
functionality, people might be drawn to your work. 

David T. 

On October 4, 2026 1:14:25 PM GMT+05:30, Wm Tarr <[email protected]> wrote:
>How do people tag accounts / transactions / splits ?
>
>Do you use #ABC[space] for example?  Something else?
>
>I'm trying to leave the question open as I want to get a feel for variety and 
>any commonality I might take account of and things I might not have considered.
>
>Why? I'm writing an SQL only dimensional query and gnucash doesn't have 
>dedicated analysis fields so I need something to pivot on per account / 
>transaction / split.
>
>Wm
>
>
>_______________________________________________
>gnucash-user mailing list
>[email protected]
>To update your subscription preferences or to unsubscribe:
>https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user
>-----
>Please remember to CC this list on all your replies.
>You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.
_______________________________________________
gnucash-user mailing list
[email protected]
To update your subscription preferences or to unsubscribe:
https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user
-----
Please remember to CC this list on all your replies.
You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.

Reply via email to