David, 

I'm not seeing anyone else asking you to provide a little more information and 
context, so I will. 

Which instructions were you following? In what way did it actually crash? At 
what precise step did the crash occur? Do you have crash logs? Was your mysql 
setup properly configured? Are you familiar with installing and managing mysql?

I'll note that the GnuCash guidance I've seen over the years suggests that if 
you're going to use mysql, it is assumed that you are comfortable with managing 
the mysql side of things. If you're not, you should reconsider the choice. 

David T. 

On October 5, 2026 11:47:32 PM GMT+05:30, Wm Tarr <[email protected]> wrote:
>from gnucash's POV there is no advantage to MySQL or postgres vs sqlite3, 
>generally speaking I'd say you need a damn good reason, e.g. interacting with 
>existing databases already in MySQL or postgres, for it to be worth the bother
>
>Wm
>
>On 2026-10-05 17:51, David G. Pickett via gnucash-user wrote:
>> BTW, I followed the instructions online to save as mysql an xml gnucash, and 
>> it crashed!  It made tables but no rows in accounts or transactions.
>> _______________________________________________
>> gnucash-user mailing list
>> [email protected]
>> To update your subscription preferences or to unsubscribe:
>> https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user
>> -----
>> Please remember to CC this list on all your replies.
>> You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.
>_______________________________________________
>gnucash-user mailing list
>[email protected]
>To update your subscription preferences or to unsubscribe:
>https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user
>-----
>Please remember to CC this list on all your replies.
>You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.
_______________________________________________
gnucash-user mailing list
[email protected]
To update your subscription preferences or to unsubscribe:
https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user
-----
Please remember to CC this list on all your replies.
You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.

Reply via email to