On Thursday 09 June 2005 04:19 pm, Andreas J. Guelzow wrote:

> > > That is what you say.  And say again.  And again.  It is not useful!
> > > I really wish you would back it up with a coherent statement as to
> > > what is wrong.
> >
> > I believe, on the basis of the various print problems I see, that qa testing
> > on the print dialogs is either not done at all or else done minimally.
> > Prove
> > me wrong by pointing me to a url where the print test procedures are that
> > are used to test the gnumeric print functions so I can convince myself
> > that the feature testing is comprehensive. Try doing a print to pdf file
> > twice in a row without changing the output file name and see if gnumeric
> > crashes when you do so. IT does 100% of the time on my system.
>
> This is nearly insulting.

I apologise. No offense was intended or even thought of.
This is a 100% repeatable problem on my system. If it doesn't
happen to you on your system, then it begins to look like an
OpenBSD-related problem.

>> The very first thing we probably tried as a
> result of your messages is try to print to pdf using the same name (and
> differnet names). I have not been able to crash it once.
>
> Since I am also supporting approximately 300 users of gnumeric for whom
> printing is an essential part of gnumeric's use (since they typically
> need to print their work to submit it) I also know that I ma not just
> `lucky'.
> >
> > Having said that, I concur that filing bugzilla reports is the best way to
> > get the bugs fixed.

I now have a Bugzilla  account.
I'm looking at the opening screen.
All I have to do now is learn how to use it :-)

> > My problem is that I don't have time to  file (much less
> > learn how to file) bug reports while I am trying to work around print
> > problems
> > as I attempt to meet real-time report deadlines. I would prefer to upgrade
> > to the most recent gnumeric and see if the print problems go away.
> > The question is how to do that without changing operating systems since
> > one of the disadvantages of using OpenBSD is that the packages are almost
> > always out-of-date.
>
> Either you file bug reports or you live with the bugs. More likely
> though the bugs you are seeing are either openBSD specific or specific
> to your set-up.
>
> Andreas

Andreas,

I appreciate your work.
Please don't take anything I write as
an attack, either of you or gnumeric.
I don't do that - ever.
I do get worked up when I get frustrated.
I have been trying to tone it down because
even my cats leave when I get upset.

Dave