On Tuesday 14 June 2005 10:39 pm, Jody Goldberg wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 14, 2005 at 06:19:49PM -0500, Dave Feustel wrote:
> > On Tuesday 14 June 2005 05:07 pm, Adrian Custer wrote:
> > > Hello again,
> > >
> > > If you can't get gnumeric working on OpenBSD,
> >
> > gnumeric works on OpenBSD,  The version that comes with 3.6
> >  just has a lot of bugs in the print-to-pdf  routines.
>
> I can't imagine that the problem would be all that difficult to
> diagnose and fix if you could get us some usable debug information.
> It sounds like something in libgnomeprint or libgnomeprintui is
> crashing with your setup.  That is unfortunate.  Get us a backtrace
> and we can figure out where.  The problem is unlikely to be gnumeric
> specific.  Can your print from evolution ? gedit ? abiword ?  They
> all use the same print backend.
>
> > I am going to paper and pencil for my daily records since
> > gnumeric does not print well on OpenBSD.
>
> We are a volunteer organization.  This sort of retoric

This is not rhetoric, this is what I am going to do, partly because
of limited funds and partly because of my need to figure some things
out immediately. I am now also thinking of using my HP 49 calculator,
or a newer version that runs faster and has more memory.

> does little to encourage people to help with a problem that is very possibly
> specific to your installation.

I am sure the problem is at least specific to OpenBSD and maybe to my
computer only.

> You have yet to provide us with the two most basic elements of a bug
> report.
>      - what version of gnumeric and associated libraries are
>        installed ?
>      - a backtrace of a crash.

I don't have time to debug (Really!) It's easier for me to just go to pencil
and paper, as many of my fellow contractors are doing.