On Thu, Jul 9, 2009 at 9:58 PM, Andreas J. Guelzow<aguel...@pyrshep.ca> wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-07-09 at 21:17 -0400, Jim Tarvid wrote:
>
>> One incompatibility I found between Gnumeric and Excel was "ceil" and
>> "ceiling".
>
> Hi Jim,
>
> please you explain what you mean.
>
> I may be mistaken, but numeric has both CEILING and CEIL while Excel has
> only CEILING. So if you use CEILING you should have no incompatibility
> problem with Excel. Gnumeric's CEIL should match ODF's CEILING function.
>
> Andreas
> --
> Andreas J. Guelzow <aguel...@pyrshep.ca>

But I didn't use ceiling and my colleague "fixed" my spreadsheet by
dropping the function and breaking an integer constraint.

Perhaps a filter to warn of function incompatibility when you save in
xls format would be in order.

--
http://ls.net
http://drupal.ls.net

The path to God starts with a simple act of kindness.