Hi folks,

I'd like to sum the elements of one column for which another column in the corresponding row meets some criterium such as not being blank. So something like

=SUMIF(A1:A10,NOT(ISBLANK($_)),B1:B10)

except that Gnumeric, unlike Perl, does not provide me with a $_ context variable.

In fact, the only thing I've figured out to get SUMIF and COUNTIF to test for is equality with a constant. If that's the only possible "criteria", I think this should be made explicit in the function reference. If more is possible, I would appreciate some examples.

Morten mentioned on IRC that this may be solvable with "array formulae" and "implicit iteration".

Thanks in advance,
Michael

PS: Please CC me on replies, as I am not subscribed to the list.