> > I wish to draw chart from shares data in "Open-High-Low-Close" format.
> > In other spreadsheet softwares, "stock - OHLC" format is there by
> > default (aka japanese candlesticks).
> > In gnumeric, I did not find it.
>
> It's called MinMax Plot. Most of classical stock plots need a mix of
> several plots in Gnumeric.

I tried it. But it is not what I am talking about. (or maybe I have not
understood how to extract the juice I require from it).
It doesn't give 'candlestick'.

The docs,
http://projects.gnome.org/gnumeric/doc/sect-graphs-overview-types-minmax.shtml
are
also not complete (work in progress).

> > I opened one file saved by MS Excel containing candlestick chart and
> > opened it in gnueric.
> > It shows the chart correctly. That means gnumeric can display
> > candlesticks.
> > But .... configuration options are very limited (I can't configure the
> > source data).
> > How do I configure it in gnumeric?
>
> Configuration options are not so limited. Right click on the chart, and
> select Properties. In the dialog, select the Series, then the Data tab.
> There you can set the data.
> For open/close data, use a Dropbar plot.
>
> Hope this helps.
> Jean

Under 'open-low', it shows 'min-max'. It is confusing.
Again, how to specify 'close'?

I didn't find it intuitive.
In fact, specifying OHLC is an explicit way.

-- Vineet