the guardian article reports brain-tuning problems due to messing up
the hormons that regulate our inner clock (need to sleep, etc) which
is regulated by exposure to light and requires darkness at
dusk+night...

additionally, bright screens compel the pupil's sphincter muscle to be
always contracted (to make the pupil smaller) and then the muscle
becomes chronically contracted....