This is basically already done: gnumeric, ssconvert (etc) all are fairly
simple wrappers
around libspreadsheet which is built when Gnumeric is compiled.

That said, I don't think we have offered any formal API stability
guarantees.

M.

On Mon, Sep 16, 2013 at 9:11 AM, soumik Banerjee <soumikbanerje...@yahoo.com