It should be possible to get a WorkbookControl from a Workbook with code
such as:

view=workbook.wb_views[0]
control=view.wb_controls[0]

but it currently does not work becaus we did not tell introspection what
objects are stored in the arrays (this can be easily fixed), and I don't
think it is possible to cast an int to an object when using Python.

Anyway, if you have a WBCGtk, you can directly get the current Sheet or
the current SheetView:

sheet=Gnm.wb_control_cur_sheet(wbcg)
sheet_view=Gnm.wb_control_cur_sheet_view(wbcg)

Note that it should actually be:
sheet=wbcg.cur_sheet()

but introspection does not understand our naming conventions. We should
fix that in the future, IMHO.

Regards,
Jean