On 01/30/2016 04:13 AM, Adrian Custer wrote:
> Absolutely not!
>
> The Gnome Foundation was not alive when the majority of the work on
> Gnumeric was done. Also, as a historical aside, the "Gnome Project"
> was guaranteed, when the foundation was formed, that the foundation
> would not *become* the project but merely provide legal, financial,
> and organizational support to the project. Despite the warnings from
> those of us against the formation of the foundation, the foundation
> immediately started changing the vision of itself to the point that
> the project and the foundation are now confused.

Thank you very much for the correction. I was pretty sure I would be
missing at least one level of nuance (umm, I really want a stronger word
here) in all of this, which led me to hesitate to intervene. But then I
saw what seemed to be a misunderstanding of the original request which
led me to feel I had no choice. ;-)

--
David Benfell, Ph.D.
benf...@parts-unknown.org