May I ask why you, or anyone, would want to do this? If I get a public key
with a signature from someone who's key I have verified and who I trust to
check keys properly, then why should it matter to me if that signature has
expired or not? It still means the same thing; that the person who signed
it has verified the key she/he signed.

Well if I know that the person is lazy, and keeps the key on an unsecure computer and it is likely that within one year the key will be compromized, I would sign with a one year expiration date. Basicly this indicates that the person that signed the key does not trust that the key will still be uncompromized after the date of expiration.