On Mar 5, 2009, at 12:32 AM, Faramir wrote:

David Shaw escribió:

secret-keyring z:\gpghome\secring.gpg
(that's the location of the secring that has the unedited keys)

But my question is: what does that line do? When it is in gpg.conf, do I have the 2 secrings at the same time, or it replaces the usage of the
keyring located in gpghome with the one on my z drive?

Here's how it works: GPG allows for multiple public keyrings (via
"keyring") and multiple secret keyrings (via "secret-keyring").  The
default public keyring is $GNUPGHOME/pubring.gpg.  The default secret
keyring is $GNUPGHOME/secring.gpg. Any keyrings, public or secret, that
you add are in addition to those defaults.  If you don't want the
defaults to be present at all, use --no-default-keyring.

Thus in your case, you have two secret keyrings, unless there is a
--no-default-keyring somewhere or $GNUPGHOME/secring.gpg does not exist.

 Ok, and if I also add another pubring file, and I download a public
key, where would it be stored? In the default keyring, or in the
additional one?

The first one that is writable. If you want to force it to be written to a particular keyring, use the "primary-keyring" command instead of just "keyring".

David