Hi!

I'm trying to use gpg-agent to sign/decrypt data on a remote host without storing a copy of the secret anywhere except on the local host. In general this should be possible since it's more or less how the smartcard support works. Unfortunately gpg refuses to operate without a copy of the secret key in the keyring. From some mailing list posts I gather that gpg creates "stub keys" for keys on smartcards. Is there a way to generate and export such stub keys for "regular" secret keys in the keyring?

CU Sascha

--
http://sascha.silbe.org/
http://www.infra-silbe.de/