MFPA wrote:

The Spamhaus PBL might very well list you.

76.185.38.113 is listed in the PBL

Mailservers using this blocklist would probably block mail from
you.

Of course, even Spamhaus's own website says the PBL is not a
blacklist and that you can remove your IP address from their list if
you are running a "legitimate" mail server, but only if it's a static
Ip address. They provide no definition (that I can find) of what constitutes a "legitimate" mail server

Obtaining a static IP is easily done so I don't know why someone
would want to risk using a dynamic IP.

My current ISP (Verizon) wants US$100/month more for a static IP address
than for a dynamic one. In addition, I am not permitted to use my own
MTA (in my case, sendmail) unless I have a commercial account instead of
a home owner's account.

Most ISPs I have seen charge considerably more for a static IP address; generally, commercial prices rather than home-user or small-business prices. Unless you have relatively high bandwidth requirements there is no point. It is *definitely* not worth the expense just just to avoid an occasional over-zealous mailserver
admin spuriously binning one of your perfectly valid email messages.
Even if you are hosting a website or an incoming mail server, there
are plenty of dynamic DNS services available for many times less cost
than having a static IP address.

My sister lives in France. I believe her ISP is the French Post Office. While I can receive e-mail from her, she cannot receive e-mail from me, even though I use Verizon as my ISP. My home has a dynamic IP address, but I assume Verizon have static IP addresses. We have worked on this for several years, but I cannot send to that sister.

I have another sister in Canada. She has no trouble sending e-mail to her sister in France.

Someone in France does seem to be blocking Verizon. At least, they are blocking me, and I cannot imagine it is just me.

In any case, a very large percentage of SPAM originates from
dynamic IPs, which is why I routinely block them.

A large percentage of spam originates from the USA. It would be just as rational to block mail from all IP addresses that are listed as being there. (-;

Maybe France is blocking all of USA, or all of Verizon.

 ^^-^^ 06:50:01 up 36 days, 14:45, 3 users, load average: 5.01, 4.73, 4.49