On Feb 27, 2011, at 5:17 PM, David Shaw wrote:

> Can I see the HCI study that MIME attachments confuse people? ;)

I would love to see such a study.  However, I never made that claim.  :)

Someone else made the claim PGP/MIME is superior because inline OpenPGP
signatures confuse people.  Okay, I'll stipulate the latter: but to argue that
inline OpenPGP signatures confuse people but PGP/MIME signatures don't (or that
they confuse people much less) seems to me to be kind of a stretch.

If someone is arguing either that PGP/MIME signatures confuse people more or
less than inline OpenPGP signatures, well, it's a neat hypothesis, but I want
to see usability data before I'll sign onto that.