Environ - Windows 7 (64Bit)
                SeaMonkey 2.6.1
                Enigmail 1.3.4
                GnuPG 1.4.9
                GPG4Win 2.1.0
                GPGShell 3.78  (which is complaining about GPG 1.4.9,
but working)

Problem -- There is no binary install for gpg1.4.11 or gpg 2.X

Goal - I want to build a binary for gpg 1.4.11, and use it from all
three tools
           that I have installed (enigmail,gpg4win,gpgshell).

Wrinkle - the only build instructions are written using *nix scripts
which do
             not execute on Windows, so I am picking up new tools and
             resurrecting aging skills reading build script messages...
             so be kind while I try to stay kind. :)

What I've done so far --
1) I downloaded and installed MinGW 3.20 with MSYS 1.0.
2) I downloaded and extracted gnupg-1.4.11.tar.bz2
3) I opened MinGW (which put me in the MSYS home directory structure)
4) I ran the configure script.
    Having some experience on Ubuntu,
       I wanted to study the configure messages created under MinGW for
          missing libraries, missing settings, and other missing stuff to
          compile from a new computer.
I attached the configure log file from my execution of configure.
My plan is to delete the entire gnupg folder tree,
              make the changes and additions in MinGW,
              re-extract and re-config.

REQUEST:
Please, look, and see if you see any major things wrong, that I should
fix, or download
(like IDEA?) that should be added to the MinGW environment before trying
the config again.

--
Barry Smith
Secure Computer Services

checking build system type... i686-pc-mingw32
checking host system type... i686-pc-mingw32
checking for a BSD-compatible install... /bin/install -c
checking for gawk... gawk
configure: autobuild project... gnupg
configure: autobuild revision... 1.4.11
configure: autobuild hostname... Hub
configure: autobuild timestamp... 20120109-132348
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for C compiler default output file name... a.exe
checking for suffix of executables... .exe
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for egrep... /bin/grep -E
checking for ANSI C header files... yes
checking for sys/types.h... yes
checking for sys/stat.h... yes
checking for stdlib.h... yes
checking for string.h... yes
checking for memory.h... yes
checking for strings.h... yes
checking for inttypes.h... yes
checking for stdint.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking minix/config.h usability... no
checking minix/config.h presence... no
checking for minix/config.h... no
checking whether it is safe to define __EXTENSIONS__... yes
checking which random module to use... default
checking whether use of /dev/random is requested... yes
checking whether assembler modules are requested... yes
checking whether SELinux support is requested... no
checking whether the new iconv based code is requested... yes
checking whether OpenPGP card support is requested... yes
checking whether gpg-agent support is requested... yes
checking whether to enable the RSA public key algorithm... yes
checking whether to enable the IDEA cipher... yes
checking for idea cipher module... no
checking whether to enable the CAST5 cipher... yes
checking whether to enable the BLOWFISH cipher... yes
checking whether to enable the AES ciphers... yes
checking whether to enable the TWOFISH cipher... yes
checking whether to enable the CAMELLIA cipher... yes
checking whether to enable the SHA-224 and SHA-256 digests... yes
checking whether to enable the SHA-384 and SHA-512 digests... yes
checking whether to enable the BZIP2 compression algorithm... yes
checking whether to enable external program execution... yes
checking whether to enable photo ID viewing... yes
checking whether to use a fixed photo ID viewer... no
checking whether to enable external keyserver helpers... yes
checking whether LDAP keyserver support is requested... yes
checking whether HKP keyserver support is requested... yes
checking whether finger key fetching support is requested... yes
checking whether generic object key fetching support is requested... yes
checking whether email keyserver support is requested... no
checking whether keyserver exec-path is enabled... yes
checking whether the included zlib is requested... no
checking for the size of the key and uid cache... 4096
checking whether use of capabilities is requested... no
checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... (cached) yes
checking for gcc... (cached) gcc
checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler... (cached) yes
checking for gcc option to accept ISO C89... (cached) none needed
checking dependency style of gcc... (cached) gcc3
checking whether gcc and cc understand -c and -o together... yes
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking for ar... ar
checking for perl... /bin/perl
checking for strerror in -lcposix... no
checking for special C compiler options needed for large files... no
checking for _FILE_OFFSET_BITS value needed for large files... unknown
checking for _LARGE_FILES value needed for large files... unknown
checking for gawk... (cached) gawk
checking for docbook-to-man... no
checking for tar... /bin/tar
checking whether /bin/tar speaks USTAR... yes
checking for cc for build... gcc
checking for BSD-compatible nm... /mingw/bin/nm
checking command to parse /mingw/bin/nm output... yes
checking for _ prefix in compiled symbols... yes
checking for gethostbyname... no
checking for gethostbyname in -lnsl... no
checking for setsockopt... no
checking for setsockopt in -lsocket... no
checking for library containing res_query... no
checking for library containing __res_query... no
checking for library containing dn_expand... no
checking for library containing __dn_expand... no
checking for library containing dn_skipname... no
checking for library containing __dn_skipname... no
checking whether LDAP via "-lldap" is present and sane... no
checking whether I can make LDAP be sane with lber.h... no
checking whether LDAP via "-lldap -llber" is present and sane... no
checking whether I can make LDAP be sane with lber.h... no
checking whether LDAP via "-lldap -llber -lresolv" is present and sane... no
checking whether I can make LDAP be sane with lber.h... no
checking whether LDAP via "-lwldap32" is present and sane... yes
checking for ldap_get_option... yes
checking for ldap_set_option... yes
checking for ldap_start_tls_s... no
checking for ldap_start_tls_sA... yes
checking for gawk... (cached) gawk
checking for curl-config... no
checking whether libcurl is usable... no
checking whether NLS is requested... yes
checking for msgfmt... /mingw/bin/msgfmt
checking for gmsgfmt... /mingw/bin/msgfmt
checking for xgettext... /mingw/bin/xgettext
checking for msgmerge... /mingw/bin/msgmerge
checking for ANSI C header files... (cached) yes
checking for unistd.h... (cached) yes
checking langinfo.h usability... no
checking langinfo.h presence... no
checking for langinfo.h... no
checking termio.h usability... no
checking termio.h presence... no
checking for termio.h... no
checking locale.h usability... yes
checking locale.h presence... yes
checking for locale.h... yes
checking getopt.h usability... yes
checking getopt.h presence... yes
checking for getopt.h... yes
checking pwd.h usability... no
checking pwd.h presence... no
checking for pwd.h... no
checking for inline... inline
checking for working volatile... yes
checking for size_t... yes
checking for mode_t... yes
checking return type of signal handlers... void
checking whether sys_siglist is declared... no
checking endianess... little
checking for byte typedef... no
checking for ushort typedef... no
checking for ulong typedef... no
checking for u16 typedef... no
checking for u32 typedef... no
checking size of unsigned short... 2
checking size of unsigned int... 4
checking size of unsigned long... 4
checking size of unsigned long long... 8
checking size of time_t... 4
checking for inttypes.h... (cached) yes
checking for UINT64_C... yes
checking size of uint64_t... 8
checking whether getpagesize is declared... no
checking for _LARGEFILE_SOURCE value needed for large files... unknown
checking for vprintf... yes
checking for _doprnt... no
checking for pid_t... yes
checking vfork.h usability... no
checking vfork.h presence... no
checking for vfork.h... no
checking for fork... no
checking for vfork... no
checking for strerror... yes
checking for stpcpy... no
checking for strlwr... yes
checking for tcgetattr... no
checking for strtoul... yes
checking for mmap... no
checking for sysconf... no
checking for strcasecmp... yes
checking for strncasecmp... yes
checking for ctermid... no
checking for times... no
checking for unsetenv... no
checking for getpwnam... no
checking for getpwuid... no
checking for memmove... yes
checking for gettimeofday... yes
checking for getrusage... no
checking for setrlimit... no
checking for clock_gettime... no
checking for atexit... yes
checking for raise... yes
checking for getpagesize... yes
checking for strftime... yes
checking for nl_langinfo... no
checking for setlocale... yes
checking for waitpid... no
checking for wait4... no
checking for sigaction... no
checking for sigprocmask... no
checking for rand... yes
checking for pipe... no
checking for stat... yes
checking for getaddrinfo... no
checking for fcntl... no
checking for ftruncate... yes
checking for mkdtemp... no
checking for timegm... no
checking for isascii... yes
checking for memrchr... no
checking for strsep... no
checking for struct sigaction... no
checking for sigset_t... no
checking for getopt... yes
checking for gethrtime... no
checking for mlock... no
checking sys/mman.h usability... no
checking sys/mman.h presence... no
checking for sys/mman.h... no
checking for sys/stat.h... (cached) yes
checking for unistd.h... (cached) yes
checking direct.h usability... yes
checking direct.h presence... yes
checking for direct.h... yes
checking if mkdir takes one argument... yes
configure: checking system features for estream-printf
checking for stdint.h... (cached) yes
checking for long long int... yes
checking for long double... yes
checking for intmax_t... yes
checking for uintmax_t... yes
checking for ptrdiff_t... yes
checking size of unsigned long... (cached) 4
checking size of void *... 4
checking for nl_langinfo and THOUSANDS_SEP... no
checking sys/ipc.h usability... no
checking sys/ipc.h presence... no
checking for sys/ipc.h... no
checking sys/shm.h usability... no
checking sys/shm.h presence... no
checking for sys/shm.h... no
checking for random device... (cached) no
checking for mpi assembler functions... done
checking whether regular expression support is requested... yes
checking whether the included regex lib is requested... no
checking for regcomp... no
checking zlib.h usability... no
checking zlib.h presence... no
checking for zlib.h... no
checking for bzlib.h... no
checking for libusb-config... no
checking whether libusb is present and sane... no
checking whether readline via "-lreadline" is present and sane... no
checking whether readline via "-lreadline -ltermcap" is present and sane... no
checking whether readline via "-lreadline -lcurses" is present and sane... no
checking whether readline via "-lreadline -lncurses" is present and sane... no
checking if gcc supports -Wno-pointer-sign... yes
checking whether non excutable stack support is requested... no
checking whether assembler supports --noexecstack option... no
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile
config.status: creating m4/Makefile
config.status: creating intl/Makefile
config.status: creating po/Makefile.in
config.status: creating util/Makefile
config.status: creating mpi/Makefile
config.status: creating cipher/Makefile
config.status: creating g10/Makefile
config.status: creating keyserver/Makefile
config.status: creating keyserver/gpgkeys_mailto
config.status: creating keyserver/gpgkeys_test
config.status: creating doc/Makefile
config.status: creating tools/Makefile
config.status: creating tools/gpg-zip
config.status: creating zlib/Makefile
config.status: creating checks/Makefile
config.status: creating config.h
config.status: linking mpi/i386/mpih-add1.S to mpi/mpih-add1.S
config.status: linking mpi/i386/mpih-mul1.S to mpi/mpih-mul1.S
config.status: linking mpi/i386/mpih-mul2.S to mpi/mpih-mul2.S
config.status: linking mpi/i386/mpih-mul3.S to mpi/mpih-mul3.S
config.status: linking mpi/i386/mpih-lshift.S to mpi/mpih-lshift.S
config.status: linking mpi/i386/mpih-rshift.S to mpi/mpih-rshift.S
config.status: linking mpi/i386/mpih-sub1.S to mpi/mpih-sub1.S
config.status: linking mpi/generic/mpi-asm-defs.h to mpi/mpi-asm-defs.h
config.status: linking zlib/zlib.h to zlib.h
config.status: linking zlib/zconf.h to zconf.h
config.status: executing po-directories commands
config.status: creating po/POTFILES
config.status: creating po/Makefile

                Version info:   gnupg 1.4.11
                Configured for: MingW32 (i686-pc-mingw32)